Welcome

How can you accelerate the speed, accuracy, and quality of learning songs for performance situations?

On this blog I share my 'learning adventures' as I continue to improve my performance as a singer.

I share web resources I find helpful, and reflect on my experience using various technologies and ideas.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

MY PERFORMANCE: 'Gute Nacht' from Schubert's 'Die Winterreise'

Performed at New Zealand Aria Competition, Rotorua, 2008. Singer: Peter Mellalieu. Pianist Rosie BARNES.

Gute Nacht introduces the song cycle. The singer announces his determination to quit the house in which he has been living as an apprentice. The daughter has betrayed his love. He anticipates the desolation of both the physical and metaphysical winter journey he is about to undertake across the snow and following the random tracks of wild animals. He leaves a final note on the doorway to remind the woman of his love for her: "Good Night"

No comments:

Post a Comment