Welcome

How can you accelerate the speed, accuracy, and quality of learning songs for performance situations?

On this blog I share my 'learning adventures' as I continue to improve my performance as a singer.

I share web resources I find helpful, and reflect on my experience using various technologies and ideas.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ark in the park: concert for the birds

The Waitakere Branch of Forest & Bird invite you to a CONCERT FOR THE BIRDS

7:30 pm, Friday June 12, 2009. Glen Eden Playhouse, Glen Edern, Waitakere, Auckland.

The concert is a musical variety concert, being held as a fundraiser for the Ark in the Park project. This is a community environmental restoration project, a partnership between the Waitakere branch of Royal Forest & Bird and the ARC.

Special Guest Artists Include:
  • Helen Medlyn (mezzo soprano) with accompanist Lee Martelli
  • The Three Mezzos
  • Jubate (Irish, American and Gypsy music)
  • Yuko Takahaski (mezzo soprano) with accompanist Setsuko Strang
  • Show West Singers (conductor Judy King)
  • Peter Mellalieu, singing "I'm Martin Guerre"

Bookings: events@iconevents.co.nz Phone 09 845 5540

Volunteers currently control pests to low levels of 1200 hectares of parkland at the Cascade Kauri Park in the northern Waitakere Ranges. Our goal is 2000 ha.

Proceeds from this event will be used to return threatened native bird species, including kokako, to the Ark in the Park.

Events Calendar | Ecoevents

Posted using ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment