Welcome

How can you accelerate the speed, accuracy, and quality of learning songs for performance situations?

On this blog I share my 'learning adventures' as I continue to improve my performance as a singer.

I share web resources I find helpful, and reflect on my experience using various technologies and ideas.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

3 year old Jonathan conducting to the 4th movement of Beethoven's 5th Symphony (Repost from YouTube)



This is a wonderfully moving video clip of a young boy pasionately engaged in conducting the last exhilrating movement of  Beethoven's 4th Symphony. Almost four million people have viwed this video on YouTube. And like several commenters, I, too, was moved to tears of joy. 

Review the comments of YouTube. They show you how constructive comments can be! Here's one example:
 
"I believe a major symphony orchestra could easily follow his direction (except for the finish) and audiences would love his style.
I also think that this video would serve an excellent training tool for conducting students--it teaches music expression using the whole body (including conducting with your feet), unbridled enthusiasm, and how to deal with emergencies without dropping a beat (or a baton).
This video gets an A+ in my book. Bravo, Jonathan!"
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment