Welcome

How can you accelerate the speed, accuracy, and quality of learning songs for performance situations?

On this blog I share my 'learning adventures' as I continue to improve my performance as a singer.

I share web resources I find helpful, and reflect on my experience using various technologies and ideas.

Monday, October 25, 2010

The Chinese songs of Alexander Tcherepnin: an introduction

In 1934, Alexander Tcherepnin (19899-1977) arrived in China during one of his worldwide tours. He was so attracted to China that he canceled the remainder of his tour and remained there for several years (Waleson, n.d.).

This recording introduces Tcherepnin's compositions informd by his experience in China. These works comprise an opera and two song cycles.

Presented at Auckland Lieder Group, Auckland, New Zealand, 24 October, 2010

Reference
Waleson, H. (n.d.). Aexander Tcherepnin. Retrieved October 24, 2010, from http://www-bcf.usc.edu/~echew/performances/amp96/tche.html#chin
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment